TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Laptops r fun!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Laptops r fun! Empty
PostSubject: Laptops r fun!   Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 am

<rant>
Hey,
I never have good luck with laptops. Probably cause I buy ‘em used and cheap. So right now, I have a Compaq Presario 2100 amd 2600+M, 1gb ram. Nothing special. The DVD rom doesn’t work, tried about 3-4 different drives. Can’t flash the bios.. had to setup a network install from win2000 server to put XP on it.
Anyway, the latest issue. The backlight stopped working. Doing some research, I narrowed it down to two things. 1. The ballast/inverter for the tube, or the tube itself.
So yesterday, I took the screen apart. Swapped out the ballast/inverter for one from another busted laptop my friend wanted me to fix for him (ya, right). It worked, but was super dim and didn’t react to my dim/bright function keys. Figured it was the light and ballast/inverter combo. So after measuring the width of the screens, out comes the xacto blade and some patience to cut through the tape that says “do not touch” and undo some mini screws to pull out the lights to swap them.
I did a pretest before I put any back together. The ‘new’ light is a little brighter than the old. So just before I put in the ‘new’ light, I did a side by side comparison. The ‘new’ one is literally 1.5mm longer. Shit.
Put it all back together and so on, but in my haste, I accidentally did some minor damage to one of the layers of the screen and now have some black on the left corner.

Oh well. Maybe I’ll actually get a new new one sometime.
</rant>
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Laptops r fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laptops r fun!   Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 am

You should get an Asus gamer, then it is not even like having a laptop at all.
Back to top Go down

Laptops r fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laptops r fun!   Laptops r fun! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am

i'm thinking more of the $400 range. I can't let go of my g15 and video card to warrant a gaming laptop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Laptops r fun! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laptops r fun!   Laptops r fun! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laptops r fun!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Off Topic :: PC Related Topics-
Jump to: