TheCryptCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the |CrYpT| community page!

Server Rules posted in General.

Latest topics
» LOKI IS THE MAN
Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:20 pm by SiN110022

» One State. One Year. On paper.
Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm by Mr.Kilo

» Flosstradamus - Trapstyle
Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:14 pm by Mr.Kilo

» CrYpT
Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm by regulator

» mrDan hate banned me????
Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am by Guest

Swimming with the fish.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

Swimming with the fish. Empty
PostSubject: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Sort of on a whim, having found ourselves with a long weekend Meg and I went to Atlanta for a couple days to visit some of her family. While we were there we spent a day at the Georgia Aquarium, and if you haven't found your way there yet you should. It is fantastic, and you can even take a swim with the whale sharks. Obviously that would cost extra but after seeing them swimming about it is very tempting. I recall several people a couple years ago having quite the discussion about fish, you guys would love it. Pictures to follow whenever Meg gets around to uploading them off her camera.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Damn. I read the title and thought you crashed a helicopter into the ocean.

anyway, Georgia Aquarium is on my list if i ever find myself down that way. I think they have a huge tank of Mbuna.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn

harleyquinn

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I'd swim with a whale shark in a heart beat. I can't imagine how large his enclosure must be.
Back to top Go down
Loki.
Admin
Loki.

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:58 pm

to funny.. watching sunday night baseball last night, its was the nationals VS the Braves...

they showed the Aquarium.. it looked Amazing.. wife even commented.. we need to take the kids to see that!

from what little we saw on the tube, its was incredible...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:43 pm

jmartyg wrote:
Damn. I read the title and thought you crashed a helicopter into the ocean.

anyway, Georgia Aquarium is on my list if i ever find myself down that way. I think they have a huge tank of Mbuna.
I might be misremembering, to be fair there are a whole bunch of different fish, but I do think I recall seeing them. But no, I do my best not to fly over water, I've done the water crash landing training and I didn't enjoy it.

harleyquinn wrote:
I'd swim with a whale shark in a heart beat. I can't imagine how large his enclosure must be.
6.3 million gallons. The tank is immense, and they actually have 3 whale sharks in there, the largest is about 25 feet.

Loki. wrote:
to funny.. watching sunday night baseball last night, its was the nationals VS the Braves...

they showed the Aquarium.. it looked Amazing.. wife even commented.. we need to take the kids to see that!

from what little we saw on the tube, its was incredible...
It really is fantastic, my wife and I have always enjoyed visiting aquariums and anytime we are in a city with one we go visit it. This one is a real pleasure, the kids would love it. Plus ATL is full of enough other interesting things that a trip would be warranted.
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:34 pm

It's a great aquarium, below is a favorite picture from the kids visit back in '07.
The walk-through tank where they have the whale shark is really neat, as is the huge one in the auditorium.

The Chattanooga aquarium is supposed to be on-par with Atlanta. I'll likely meet up with Senility over the summer and check that place out.

Swimming with the fish. 2007_a10
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Interestingly enough, my wife's family lives in Roswell. Never paid any attention to that before.
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
Interestingly enough, my wife's family lives in Roswell. Never paid any attention to that before.

Give me a heads-up the next time you'll be in town. I promise will make every effort to behave myself.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

OddBird wrote:
The Chattanooga aquarium is supposed to be on-par with Atlanta. I'll likely meet up with Senility over the summer and check that place out.

I read that to Meg and the direct quote was, "Ohh, can we go? Can we go?"
Back to top Go down
OddBird

OddBird

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Mr_Shifty wrote:
OddBird wrote:

I read that to Meg and the direct quote was, "Ohh, can we go? Can we go?"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Two hours away and not even a phone call.

Poo Poo

Psst

Kilo is out.
Back to top Go down
slam420

slam420

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Kilo is out.
FUQ YEA!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Shifty
Admin
Mr_Shifty

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:48 pm

senilityiscool2 wrote:
Two hours away and not even a phone call.

Poo Poo

Psst

Kilo is out.

1) I thought about calling but by the time I remembered how close you were, it was Sunday morning and I was leaving Sunday afternoon.

2) About damn time, now we need to get his ass online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swimming with the fish.   Swimming with the fish. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swimming with the fish.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCryptCommunity :: Off Topic :: Misc.-
Jump to: